Our Commitment to your Privacy
The privacy of individuals, including our customers, consumers, visitors, suppliers and contractors is of the utmost importance to Apricus Australia. This includes information or opinions about you that we collect and record which reasonably could be used to identify you. Apricus Australia adheres to the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
This statement sets out our policies for managing personal information across the Apricus Australia business.
Types of Information we collect
If you are a Apricus customer, consumer, visitor, supplier or contractor; or if you own a Apricus gas appliance or if you rent a property that has a Apricus appliance installed we may have personal information about you for the purpose of supplying you with Apricus appliances and related services. We generally collect your name, address, telephone numbers and other contact details. We may also collect marketing data such as your age group, reason for purchasing our product, advertising and method of referral. We may obtain banking, credit card, email or other details as part of making business with us easier for you. We may also collect information about your credit worthiness and credit history where appropriate; or in times where we need to conduct field investigations relating to a Apricus Australia product.
Why we collect personal information
Without contact details we cannot provide services to you. Generally, we collect, update and use personal information about you to enable us to carry on our business, including;
- to register information that identifies you as a customer, consumer, visitor, supplier, contractor of one of Apricus Australia’s products/services; this includes occupants of rental properties and real estate with one of Apricus Australia’s products installed.
- to register warranty information that identifies the customer, consumer, visitor, supplier, contractor as the owner of one of Apricus Australia’s products;
- to enable a credit application from the customer, consumer, visitor, supplier, contractor to be processed
- to provide requested services to the customer, consumer, visitor, supplier, contractor and bill the customer, consumer, visitor, supplier, contractor for Apricus Australia’s services and collect overdue payments;
- for training, quality control and verification purposes, including monitoring and recording the customer’s telephone conversations with us from time to time;
- to test and certify company products; to conduct product field investigations i.e. product incidents;
- to provide the customer, consumer, visitor, supplier, contractor with the latest product information, promotional information and other information we feel the customer may find useful;
- to communicate Apricus Australia’s, a related company’s or a third party’s marketing offers to the customer, consumer, visitor, supplier, contractor. When making the offer we will let the customer, consumer, visitor, supplier, contractor know how they may stop receiving any further marketing offers. Where another organisation outside
Apricus Australia is involved in the offer, we do not give information about the customer, consumer, visitor, supplier, contractor to that organisation;
- to facilitate the processing of commercial claims e.g. cashbacks
- to improve Apricus Australia products and services offered; to better target Apricus Australia marketing and advertising messages;
- for the purpose of a possible product recall; and
- to meet Apricus Australia legal obligations; as well as ensure suppliers, contractors and 3rd party partners are able to meet their own legal obligations (including compliance) in terms of their dealings with Apricus Australia and/or their customers.
How we collect information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you or a family household member will provide us with this information over the phone, through email, through the return of warranty cards, through our reception or through our website, such as when you apply for or request a product or service. Sometimes a builder, architect, plumber, retail store, real estate agent or other person might refer this information to us. Sometimes you might be contacted by Service Technicians requesting this information when booking service or maintenance calls. We may also collect this information through marketing campaigns, such as offers for extended warranty or product upgrades. We may collect that information over the phone or Internet, in person (via an installer) and when you write to us.
How we store information
Apricus stores information in a combination of secure computer storage systems and paper-based files and other records. We have taken a number of steps to protect personal information we hold from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use generally accepted technology and security so that we are satisfied that your information is transmitted safely to us through the Internet or other electronic means. We will take reasonable steps to securely destroy personal information when we no longer need it.
When we may disclose your personal information
Generally, we may disclose personal information about you in the following circumstances;
- where we have contacted an external organisation to provide us with support services such as outside contractors, installers or service agents;
- to comply with our legal obligations; including the provision of information to a regulatory authority. We notify you any time we are required to produce information in this way unless we are prohibited by court order or law or there is suspicion of fraud and/or criminal activity;
- we may exchange personal information with credit reference agencies when establishing your account and if your account is in default;
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure; and
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety.
- Similarly, Apricus Australia will ensure the same level of protection of data in times where a 3rd party acts on Apricus Australia’s behalf e.g. promotions, cashbacks etc.
Access to and correction of personal information
Apricus Australia is committed to maintain accurate, timely and appropriate information about our customers, consumers, suppliers, visitors, contractors and web-site users. We will take reasonable steps to make sure the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, then we will give you access to that information. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information (we will inform you of the fee before providing the information). Your initial queries should be directed to our Privacy Officer which can be contacted via email, email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact Apricus Australia on 1300 277 438.
Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
Please note that there are some circumstances set out in the Act where we may refuse your request. If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us then we will give you our reasons for such refusal in writing, and outline mechanisms available to you should you wish to challenge the refusal.
About this Privacy Statement
We may update our policies and this Privacy Statement from time to time. The latest version will be published here and is also available in print via download as an Adobe Acrobat PDF, or from the Apricus Australia offices or by contacting us using the details below.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 1300 277 438
By mail: Apricus Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 6109,
Silverwater NSW 1811